Fudge. Cheesecake. Brownie. Need I say more?
Here is a deliciously rich and dare I say “pretty” bar that can be made for any occasion. Best of all, they are easy to make–they start with a layer of boxed brownies! I love desserts that don’t require a ton of steps and ingredients. The end result, however, will make it LOOK like you spent awhile in the kitchen.
I have made these bars several times over the years, and they always turn out well. These are not complicated. The hardest part is waiting until the brownie/cheesecake layer chills to add the fudgy layer on top! Then the second hardest part is not eating an entire row for yourself! 🙂
These bars usually make their presence when there are going to be a lot of people getting together. Because they are so deliciously rich, they feed more people than one might think –even though they are made in a standard 9×13 pan. In fact, I recently made these bars for a Superbowl party. There were 8 adults and 13 kids. Believe it or not, there were still some left! They were well-loved, so I figured I would share the recipe with all of you! They will not disappoint.
Please let me know if you give these a try. Also, feel free to share these on Facebook or Pin them on Pinterest! We’d love to hear your feedback.
Fudgy, Cheesecake Brownie Bars
1 (21.5) boxed brownie mix
(and additional ingredients needed for brownie mix–typically oil and eggs)
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 TBS butter, softened
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Fudge Frosting ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 TBS milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan on bottom AND sides.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and spread in pan. (Do not bake this yet, though!)
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese then add butter and cornstarch until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk, egg, vanilla, and egg to the cream cheese mixture until it is a smooth consistency.
- Pour this mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes OR until the top is browned. Allow to cool completely.
- Fudge frosting: Over low heat, melt the butter with the cocoa and vanilla until combined well and smooth.
- Remove from heat, add the milk and confectioners sugar. Once smooth, pour on top of the cooled brownie/cheesecake layer.
- Chill and store in refrigerator. (Can sit at room temperature for awhile, but when not eating, keep in the refrigerator.)
**Click for a printable 4×6 recipe card: Fudgy, Cheesecake Brownie Bars**